Owning a car can be a dream or a nightmare depending on how well you take care of your vehicle, the following are six things that many motorists do that can harm their car and their wallet.
- Ignoring the check engine light: Ignoring an illuminated check engine light can result in serious engine trouble and costly repairs. At the very least, this warning light could alert you to an engine problem that is negatively impacting fuel economy.
- Failing to change fluids and filters.Many fluids are required for the operation and protection of vehicle systems and components. Checking fluid levels regularly, along with the filters, helps ensure that your vehicle runs dependably and extends vehicle life.
- Neglecting your tires. Your vehicle’s tires should be checked frequently for inflation and tread depth. Under inflated tires can wear out more quickly, needing to be replaced sooner, and can negatively impact safety, gas mileage and performance.
- Not following a service schedule.Because many car parts and components wear out or become damaged over time, vehicles need to be routinely serviced in order to perform optimally. Routine inspections and timely repairs will help keep your car running efficiently and will help you avoid more expensive repairs down the road.
- Keeping a dirty car. Allowing your car to go too long without a wash leads to buildup of damaging chemicals and dirt, increases the potential for rust from road salt and interferes with proper visibility needed for safe driving.
- Being a severe driver. Whether it’s stop-and-go traffic, extreme weather, rough roads or heavy loads, it can sometimes be difficult to limit severe driving conditions. However, you can drive smart and improve fuel economy by observing the speed limit; avoiding aggressive driving, including quick starts and stops; not hauling unnecessary items; and keeping your vehicle properly tuned.
Auto care isn’t always a top priority for car owners, hardly do they realize they are doing things that adversely affect the performance, safety and value of their car. Routine maintenance can go a long way toward saving money, avoiding headaches and protecting your vehicle investment.”
For your Genuine Car Parts, Visit www.autofactorng.com We will not only give you a Guarantee on our Genuine Car parts, we have certified Auto-Technicians who are readily available to help you with your car troubles.
Also, you can Join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays on Twitter for our Online Car Diagnostics Program from 10:00am – 01:00pm. This Service is absolutely FREE. Don’t let your Local mechanic fool you with jargons. Let’s put you through the dynamics of your car!